Queensr˙che - Hear In The Now Frontier CD (album) cover

HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER

Queensr˙che

scevrog
4 stars I suppose I can understand why this album is getting such poor reviews, although, I disagree. From what I can tell, the only significant difference between this album and their earlier albums is the production. You could make the argument that Queensryche albums are tyically overproduced. Look at Promised Land. Try getting anything close to that sound live. Like every other QR album, there are some songs that are just OK, and, some that are excellent. Get A Life, Spool, Saved, Hit the Black, You, Sign of the Times and Reach are all at least very good, with Spool, You and Reach being excellent. I find Spool and Reach probably in their top 10 songs ever.

This is considered the beginning of the end for this band. I disagree. I find this album much much better than their next two, Q2K and Tribe.

Yes, there are songs here I can really do without, but, I don't find that any different than any other of their albums (well, except maybe for mindcrime).

So, to me, this is very good typical QR without the over production.

scevrog | 4/5 |