Queensr˙che - Take Cover CD (album) cover

TAKE COVER

Queensr˙che

MrMan2000
1 stars Just a bad idea with poor execution. I can understand tribute cover discs where many different bands cover another band's songs. But the recent trend of established artists releasing all cover songs...just don't get. I haven't heard a good one yet and this one doesn't change my mind.

The best songs here are mediocre versions of Welcome to the Machine and Neon Knights. Neither, however, offer anything new. There are embarrassments also, such as For The Love of Money (what were they thinking?), Innuendo, Red Rain and Synchronicity. And did we REALLY need yet another version of For What It's Worth?

About the only interesting things here are Heaven on their Minds (a re-worked show-tune from stage play Jesus Christ Superstar) and an attempt at Odissea (an Italian opera) but neither is a song I really want to hear for than once or twice.

All in all a complete throw-away with almost nothing redeeming.

MrMan2000 | 1/5 |