Neuschwanstein - Battlement CD (album) cover

BATTLEMENT

Neuschwanstein

peskypesky
4 stars OK, So it looks like Neuschwanstein said, Let's make an album that sounds EXACTLY like classic Genesis, and then they did just that. Now, if you are like me, and you cannot get enough of Genesis from that era (Foxtrot, Nursery Cryme, Selling England by The Pound), then this is a GREAT thing. Because Neuschwanstein did an incredible job. Not only do the sound like Genesis in terms of instrumentation and song-writing, but the singer sounds freakishly like Peter Gabriel!

Some people cannot enjoy this album because it sounds so much like Genesis. But that is precisely why I love it. I don't care if it doesn't have an original personality. I'm the first to say they copied their sound. But they wrote entirely new songs, and the songs are great.

The way i look at it is like this. What this album lacks in originality, it more than makes up for with quality.

4 and a half stars.