Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound CD (album) cover

Pineapple Thief

5 stars A review on Amazon of the previous album headlined 'Nearly There ...'

Well, we've arrived.

For those of you familiar with TPT, if I tell you this album just eclipses 'Variations ...', you will know how highly I rate it.

Heavier than previous offerings but still retaining all the trademark TPT sounds, 'Tightly Unwound' hit me from the off.

The album flows beautifully and like a good wine, gets better as time passes.

The final three tracks is IMVHO the best ending to an album, period. Probably the best half hour of music, ever.

Of these, Track 7, 'Different World', is the stand-out track on the album. Reminiscent of 'Remember Us' but (again IMVHO) better, it ebbs and flows deliciously with some wonderful use of strings. Incredibly moving at times.

Track 8, 'So Say All of You' was wonderful on the first podcast but is outstanding here.

The final track, 'Too Much to Lose' is a Pineapple Thief trademark classic. A 15-minute 'growler' that leaves you breathless by the end (live, it's even more stunning).

I cannot recommend this album too highly.

A masterpiece of modern, 'progressive' (but not prog), intelligent rock.

Simply wonderful.