Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place CD (album) cover

Explosions In The Sky

Post Rock/Math rock

4 stars I really like EITS and this is their acknowledged best album, so I am tempted to give a 5 star rating. But, I try and be very stingy with the 5 star ratings, so it gets a 4. This is post-rock that is dominated by the electric guitar, but mostly in a mellow fashion, not a metal style at all. It is nowhere near as complex as Godspeed but then few are. The album does have a certain sameness of sound all the way through (as others have mentioned), but it never really gets boring to me. This is a great album to sit back and soak in. If you like post-rock at all, then this is one of the better ones out there.
digdug | 4/5 |