Styx - Paradise Theater  CD (album) cover

1 stars Well, honestly I don't know what to write about such a record. It just blows me away how bad it is. I've never been a great STYX fan, but I listened to all their albums from 72 - 80. In my opinion they had 1 or 2 albums containing really well done Art Rock "Illusion" and "Pieces of Eight", still a bit more commercially and pop orientated rock, but somehow done in an artistic way. As well their first two albums have been quite good, although being rather straight ahead rock. But this album here I would just call a not too bad pop rock one, since the songs are done in such a simple and commercial way that it definitely can't be considered as Art Rock. The only better track on it is "Half penny", but still miles away from the songs on their best albums. I would say together with "Cornerstone" one of the weakest ones from them.
hdfisch | 1/5 |