Styx - Greatest Hits CD (album) cover

GREATEST HITS

Styx

Marcelo
2 stars I must confess that I couldn't rate any STYX album more than average, because this band is a clear AOR music example, not really progressive or, at least, with some prog hints - specially through some keyboards use-. Very good musicians able to create excellent melodies who decided to take a commercial way.

This is a compilation of several FM radio hits, including some very nice classic songs ("The Best of Times" and my favorite "Come Sail Away") beside the horrible "Mr. Roboto", also a classic after all. I think that most of the cds titled "The Best Of" or "The Greatest Hits" cannot give a true idea about what a band is, but -in this case- it shows to a newbie STYX listener all what this group has to offer.

Those who want to know this prolific AOR band style have with this album a nice option, but those who are looking for real progressive music can avoid it.

Marcelo | 2/5 |