Genesis - Nursery Cryme CD (album) cover

NURSERY CRYME

Genesis

ProgPeter!
4 stars 3.7 stars, rounding to 4!

The Genesis' albuns (in their Progressive phase) possess a relative and interesting particularity: it is one of the few bands that had adapted the lyrics themselves with their presentation in shows. The famous vocalist Peter Gabriel always receives many prominences exactly for that reason. He tried to do of the presentations a true musical work-excel (always centered in the plots of the letters).

Spoking about the '' Nursery Crime '', I have the freedom of expression of saying that he passes a little far away from being my favorite of the band, in spite of it is still very good. Relevance for the music '' Musical The Box '' and '' The Return of the Giant Hogweed ''. The first can be considered one of the most famous music of the band, in such a way that was one of the segments more acclaimed that the band reproduced inside of an adaptation of the old music denominated '' Old Meddley '' in the tour '' The Way We Walk '', in 1993. It is really a creative and well built music , but I can't see the meaning of so much success. The prominence inside of the second music is the interesting construction of Tony Banks' synthesizers, mixed with Peter Gabriel's good vocal presence and the brilliant guitar master, Steve Hackett.

To finish, an intermediate album for Genesis (nor so strongly good, nor unluckily bad). However, if you are fan of the band, I advise to have it in home. It can be worthwhile...

ProgPeter! | 4/5 |