Riverside - Reality Dream CD (album) cover

5 stars I'm not a big fan of some of their latest entries in their catalog but I have to admit that I enjoy a lot the first and the second release. This live video is no exception. For me one of the best live releases I know. Not a lot of interaction with the public or improvisation but it simply flows from the notes of "The same river" to the amazing final song "The curtain falls". I'm listening and watching it a third time already in the last 3 days. In the last couple of years I didn't write to many reviews but I felt the need to say a few words about this. I find their music having a high degree of melancholy and I think they did a great job choosing the track list in just the right order. It's such a shame that Piotr Grudziński died last year. I guess it will be hard for them to continue but I hope they can continue and maybe find the power and inspiration to release another one matching their first record.
petrica | 5/5 |