Transatlantic - SMPTe CD (album) cover

SMPTE

Transatlantic

J-Man
4 stars Overall I must say this is a great album. All Of The Above is one of the greatest epics of all time, and is the album's headliner, and MOSTLY everything else on the album is very strong too. Portnoy's drumming is top-notch as usual, and Roine's guitaris distinctive and great too.

All of the Above- 5/5 stars, a great epic and is one of the greatest songs of all time. The ending guitar solo is some of Roine's best playing, and is overall a masterpeice.

We All Need Some Light- 5/5 stars, a great shorter song of Neal Morse's, and includes a great acoustic guitar solo in it too.

Mystery Train- 4/5 stars, another shorter song of Neal's, but nowhere near the masterpeice of the last song. It's a good song, but it doesn't really fit the album.

My New World- 5/5 stars, a great song (one of my favorites). It has sort of weird lyrics, but it doesn't matter in the long run considering how great the music is.

In Held (Twas) In I- 1/5 stars, Here's where everything falls. I never really liked Procal Harum, and they picked just about their worst song to cover on this album. I skip this song every time I listen to the album and in my mind there are only 4 songs on SMPT:e.

Overall, you have to buy this album, even if the last song doesn't fit the album. It is really a masterpeice with or without the cover song, and you will be listening to All of the Above non-stop.

J-Man | 4/5 |