Genesis - Trespass CD (album) cover

5 stars Beautiful, just beautiful. The Knife is total hard rock, with lead guitar to die for. In fact, parts of it sound- dare I say it-almost Black Sabbath-esque. Were they listening to Sabbath while jamming out this tune in the studio? I wonder...

The production is awesome! I love the way everything sounds so warm and inviting, even when Anthony cranks the distortion. The drums sounds real, not forced or drum machine-y. Awesome start. And the Mellotron intro to White Mountain is stunning.

Some people would claim From Genesis To Revelation as their first finest. This; this is their first finest record; and it's something they would build on in the future. 5 stars.

nahnite | 5/5 |