Genesis - Trespass CD (album) cover

TRESPASS

Genesis

Cygnus X-2
3 stars I must admit that I bought this on an impromtu visit to my record store. I was very impressed on the first listen. Tony Phillips is a great guitarist and really fit the album well. His version of the Knife is superb (I like Hackett's better though). Gabriel's voice sounds great and Mayhew did a great job on the drums. Banks and Rutherford are as always giving great performances. This is a great improvement over FGTR in my opinion. Although they haven't reached their apex at this time in their career, they made an incredible record that should be owned by all Genesis fans.

The best songs are White Mountain and the Knife (the latter having a better interpretation of Genesis Live). Overall, this album is a sample of what is to come in Genesis' long career and should not be missed. 3.5/5.

Cygnus X-2 | 3/5 |