Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink CD (album) cover

Canterbury Scene

5 stars One of the best prog albums ever. I love the sound of the keyboards, I love the cover and how it illustrates the music, the epic on side 2 but also the smaller tracks ('Winter Wine') on side 1, the Britisih humour and the philosophy ('Life's too short to be sad, whishing things you'll never have'). You enter a real universe (like In the Court of). One of the very first album I bought: on cassette, then on LP, then on CD, then remastered. How a band after two albums became so mature, I wonder. Remember too the scene of prog at that time (1971), just at the beginning: Yes, Genesis had not released their masterpieces yet. I could meet Pye Hastings some years ago, a great guy. Certainly an influence for 'my' band, Silver Lining. Highly recommended.
Thierry | 5/5 |