Chroma Key - Graveyard Mountain Home  CD (album) cover

GRAVEYARD MOUNTAIN HOME

Chroma Key

Psychedelic/Space Rock

ZowieZiggy
2 stars Chroma Key/Kevin Moore digs deeper in the experimental mood which was already featured in their previous release.

Well, to be honest I have to say that this one is not as bad but still: ecstasy is not on the rendezvous while I listen to this work. These synthetic and electronic moods are not my cup of tea; and when they are just performed like here, I am even less keen to appreciate.

Some tracks are above average and rise a bit the global of this effort (Mother's Radio. But most pieces holds as much passion as a faded rose (White Robe, Salvation and the awful and repetitive Before you started).

It might well be a good remedy if you are insomniac: just put this CD into your player and it is guaranteed: you should fall asleep pretty rapidly like during Come In Over even if some guitar at the end might slightly wake you up.

Like Jeff perfectly summarizes in his review: this is a background music album. In this case, it might do the job. But while you are listening to it in a concentrated way it definitely doesn't. At least I feel so.

Two stars.