GRAVEYARD MOUNTAIN HOME

1. YYY (2:11)
2. Give Up (4:05)
3. White Robe (4:56)
4. Mother's Radio (4:16)
5. Graveyard Mountain Home (2:32)
6. Salvation (2:40)
7. Before You Started (4:24)
8. Human Love (6:01)
9. Come In, Over (5:02)
10. Pure Laughter (2:08)
11. Andrew Was Drowning His Stepfather (2:12)
12. Sad Sad Movie (5:38)

- Kevin Moore / vocals, guitars, keyboards & programming

Guest musicians:
- Utku Unal / drums
- Theron Patterson / programming (#4, #8, #14) & bass guitar
- Bige Akdeniz / additional vocals & lyrics (#9 & #13)
- Bob Nekrasov / monologue (#8)
- Erdem Helvacioglu / additional guitar (#3)

CD Inside Out #IOMCD 193 (2004)

CHROMA KEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CHROMA KEY Graveyard Mountain Home Music

Graveyard Mountain HomeGraveyard Mountain Home
CD+DVD · Limited Edition
Inside Out 2004

More places to buy CHROMA KEY music online Buy CHROMA KEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CHROMA KEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CHROMA KEY Graveyard Mountain Home ratings distribution

CHROMA KEY Graveyard Mountain Home reviews

3 stars This release from CHROMA KEY is much more experimental than the other two previous releases, and it's actually mean't to be listened to with a film called "Age13" from which Kevin got his inspiration for this record. Apparently it really is the key to open this album and unfortunately I haven't seen the film so i'm just going by the music as far as my rating goes.

There are very little vocals on this disc but lots of samples. It's electronica for the most part with not as much melody as you'd usually get with a CHROMA KEY album. I'm not sure why I find this such a negative listen but I do. As much as I like Kevin Moore and the previous two CHROMA KEY records it's difficult to recommend this album unless your into that style of music, or can watch the film while listening to this.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#93238) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Review by Prog Leviathan
3 stars Very experimental and out there, "Graveyard Mountain Home" is an eclectic offering of complex rhythms and psychedelic melodies very different than the more approachable "Dead Air for Radios".

Sounding very produced, "GMH" abounds with soft textures, sonic soundscapes and acrobatic rhythms. Moore's singing is very minimalist, the instruments and samples doing most of the speaking. His compositions are strong, but are not as memorable as before, making "GMH" great for moody background music and little else; it's too spacey to actively listen to and one certainly can't sing-along to it.

However, the complexity and layered sound grows on the listener after a few spins, and makes a fine purchase for one seeking a smart and fun diversion into the eccentric and ambient.

Songwriting: 4 Instrumental Performances: 3 Lyrics/Vocals: 2 Style/Emotion/Replay: 4

Send comments to Prog Leviathan (BETA) | Report this review (#119111) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 20, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars Chroma Key/Kevin Moore digs deeper in the experimental mood which was already featured in their previous release.

Well, to be honest I have to say that this one is not as bad but still: ecstasy is not on the rendezvous while I listen to this work. These synthetic and electronic moods are not my cup of tea; and when they are just performed like here, I am even less keen to appreciate.

Some tracks are above average and rise a bit the global of this effort (Mother's Radio. But most pieces holds as much passion as a faded rose (White Robe, Salvation and the awful and repetitive Before you started).

It might well be a good remedy if you are insomniac: just put this CD into your player and it is guaranteed: you should fall asleep pretty rapidly like during Come In Over even if some guitar at the end might slightly wake you up.

Like Jeff perfectly summarizes in his review: this is a background music album. In this case, it might do the job. But while you are listening to it in a concentrated way it definitely doesn't. At least I feel so.

Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#185157) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 09, 2008

Review by jampa17
4 stars Deep and Though ambient... kind of depresive and sad... but great still...

I always came to the music of Kevin Moore waiting for something that really makes me dive into another reality and let me flow into a strange ambient... this is really succeded in this particular album, wich is properly a soundtrack of a weird movie... that I don't have seen yet... and I really don't mind to...

Musicaly, the theme is repetitive and slow pace through the whole album. Someone could say is boring... but really you have to let you flow through... The samples, the repetitive keys, the soft guitars, his robotic voice, the slow drum kit, everything moves you to a relax environment where if you aloud yourself, you can discover depressive feelings... So yeah, is though to get into this album if your'e too happy or excited... is ideal before you go to bed, or in a rest time period... is really something that demands more than attention to the structure, it's just about an strange scape trhough deep emotions... guess Moore always was an emotion type and we find some in his Dream Theater fase...

So, for the prog fans, aloud yourself to let aside your addiction to fast and crazy rock solos and get you to another level of understanding of music... the feeling... yes, this is too sad for some people but that's the exciting thing, at least for me... music is about feelings... and this piece can really mess up your mind... and your emotions... so is good for the heart... really...

Then, listen to the speech in the song Human Love... is kind of crazy, but you really get somethings that you won't find nowhere else... I recomend this album for anyone who wants to get emotion from music... is very experimental and ambient... ideal to listen at night... 4 stars... it really worth it...!!!

Send comments to jampa17 (BETA) | Report this review (#238398) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 10, 2009

5 stars 'Graveyard Mountain Home' is a unique masterpiece of art. Kevin Moore chooses an educational film, slows the movie down so that the time of it doubles to 53 minutes (the length of the album), then composing and arranging the music over the movie. This album proves that simplicity breeds beauty. ... (read more)

Report this review (#1042115) | Posted by amirima | Sunday, September 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A haunting and surreal album. If you can, pick up the special edition. You really need to see the images plodding along over the film. Its eerie and strangely powerful. The music is a soft blanket of somber, sometimes transcendent, moments: the faux-marimba exploration" YYY," the train-like dr ... (read more)

Report this review (#112265) | Posted by | Thursday, February 15, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars it gives me a good mood.a music in mood of some films like 21 Grams...I don't know why? but it sounds great...some tracks like Pure Laughter and Sad Sad Movie are sad..I think kevin did a great job really...it' s in a different mood of two last albums. you should listen this album more than a n ... (read more)

Report this review (#43643) | Posted by schizo | Sunday, August 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Such a great idea to take a movie like Age 13 and pretty much it into Kevin's own. I even liked the actual movie. It moved me even more when I saw the Chroma Key version from putting the album into my PC and watching it play along with the slow motion Age 13. "YYY" is a terrific opener and "Sa ... (read more)

Report this review (#33519) | Posted by slavetothestix2 | Wednesday, May 18, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Kevin Moore's latest work is amazing! It is a melancholic and dark soundscape which could be hard to listen to at first if you are a bit used to more technical prog (such as I) but then eventually grows in to be appreciated. I actually can't wait to see the film "Age 13" which was the basis ... (read more)

Report this review (#33518) | Posted by chromaticism | Wednesday, March 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The first thing that comes to my mind is that strange "style" this site has given to this band: prog-metal. Is as far from it as Neptune from the sun. This record is a masterpiece in it's own, because is a strange effort of creating music to an old movie, and getting the feelings and impressions ... (read more)

Report this review (#33517) | Posted by arqwave | Thursday, March 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Very good CD. I just got it yesterday (it took a LONG time to get here, it was ordered before Christmas), and I can't stop listening to it. There's several styles of music used; techno, space rock (like Pink Floyd), blues, folk, etc. Track 08, Human Love, has a clip of a Bob Nekrasov talking ... (read more)

Report this review (#33514) | Posted by | Tuesday, January 04, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CHROMA KEY "Graveyard Mountain Home "