Gryphon - Red Queen to Gryphon Three CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

2 stars The idea was very interesting - depicting of chess match... But unfortunately there is nothing interesting in that album, even for Jethro Tull fans. I like flute, but on this LP this instrument is used in awful way I think. It's boring. As the whole album. Even one of four compositions doesn't have spirit. You know what I mean. Wow, if that is their magnum opus, what kind of music and what kind of compositions is on the rest of their albums? Brrr, I don't want to think about it... They are light years away from Jethro Tull and Thick as a brick - thats brutal truth. I don't recommend it to anybody. Two stars for the way the instruments are arranged, for the production. PS. Awful cover....
PeteWarsaw | 2/5 |