Metallica - St. Anger CD (album) cover

ST. ANGER

Metallica

J-Man
1 stars Not just the worst Metallica album, but arguably the worst album created by the human race.

In case you can't tell by my title, this won't be a pleasant review. This album is terrible and there is no other way I can say it. I love Metallica, and they are one of my favorite bands, but this is an unlistenable mess! There are plenty of albums I don't like in this world but at least 90% are good enough that I can physically make it through the whole album. Not the case here. To be honest I have a tough time making it through the first song!

So what makes this so bad?

Well, a combination of problems. For one, the recording quality is terrible. And the worst part is, they did that on purpose! The songwriting is not good, the vocal melodies are horrible; all in all everything that could possibly go wrong with an album has on St. Anger. I respect that Metallica was trying to get heavy again, but I would take Load and ReLoad over this any day!

I sure am glad that the incredible Death Magnetic didn't follow this albums footsteps, because if it did I would have officially lost all hope in one of my favorite bands. So just don't buy this unless you're looking for a horrible assault on your ears.

1 star.