Triumvirat - Russian Roulette CD (album) cover

RUSSIAN ROULETTE

Triumvirat

Tarcisio Moura
1 stars Honestly, I could never believe the once great prog musician and songwriter Jürgen Fritz could release an album worse than A La Carte. But, alas, he did. To call it a Triumvirat CD is an insult to the memory of one of Germany´s best prog groups of the 70´s. I took a long time to borrow this CD to review it. Granted: I was warned by everyone who did. But still I wanted to hear it to believe.

It´s really the end of line. Arno Steffen is the worst singer this band ever had, really awful. Of course the musicians involved are great, but the whole concept (or lack of it) the very poor songwriting and the mediocre arrangements blow it all. I can´t believe he was even allowed to deliver such piece of crap. I mean, what happened to HIM? Did he ever think he could bastardise Triumvirat´s name to get a few bucks and get away with it?

Not even an average pop album, it does not have a single track that can save the CD from being a total failure. Fortunatly this would be the last nail to the coffin. It´s the only good thing I can say about Russian Roulette: it was the last. An end that gave the fans a relieving feeling instead of one of sorrow.

NOT worth even for completionists. Zero stars. To avoid at all costs.

Tarcisio Moura | 1/5 |