RUSSIAN ROULETTE

Collectors/fans only

Buy TRIUMVIRAT Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Party Life (3:28)
2. You Can't Catch Me (4:08)
3. Come with Me (3:59)
4. Games (4:14)
5. Cooler (4:20)
6. The Ballad of Rudy Törner (4:20)
7. We're Rich on What We Got (4:09)
8. Twice (2:45)
9. Rien Ne Vas Plus (4:34)
10. Roxy (6:33)
11. Russian Roulette (5:48)

Search TRIUMVIRAT Russian Roulette lyrics

- Pete Christlieb / saxophone, clarinet
- Mike Gong / electric guitar
- David Hungate / bass
- Alan Estis / congas, maracas

LP EMI/ELECTROLA/HARVEST 1C 064-45834 (1980)

TRIUMVIRAT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRIUMVIRAT Russian Roulette Music

Russian RouletteRussian Roulette
Import · Remastered
EMI Europe Generic 2002
CD illusions on a double dimple ~ USD $7.32
CD old loves die hard ~ USD $7.32

More places to buy TRIUMVIRAT music online Buy TRIUMVIRAT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRIUMVIRAT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRIUMVIRAT Russian Roulette ratings distribution

TRIUMVIRAT Russian Roulette reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I believe that it is not so often that an album gets the same consensus.

Absolutely awful.

Like almost every fellow reviewer, I just have wished that the zero star rating would have been available. The band turned already to a completely different genre with their previous album "A La Carte" but they really reached their very lows here.

There is absolutely not a single track which is worth listening (I really deserve a medal to have endured this). Not a single prog moment of course (but it was already the case with "A La Carte").

It is very difficult to identify the worst song here. I can't do it. Any of them could deserve this "honour". Is it the funky "Cooler", the boring "Games", the stupid "Come With Me", the disgusting reggae-ish "The Ballad of Rudy Törner" ?

Like the titled "Rien Ne Va Plus", it is really painful to hear how low a band can go. Isn't there anybody in their management to tell them : stop guys ? I don't understand.

Anyway, as one star is the minimum rating on PA, it fully applies to this absolutely dreadful album.

NEVER listen to this one. You will do yourself a favour.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#134650) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 23, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
1 stars Honestly, I could never believe the once great prog musician and songwriter Jürgen Fritz could release an album worse than A La Carte. But, alas, he did. To call it a Triumvirat CD is an insult to the memory of one of Germany´s best prog groups of the 70´s. I took a long time to borrow this CD to review it. Granted: I was warned by everyone who did. But still I wanted to hear it to believe.

It´s really the end of line. Arno Steffen is the worst singer this band ever had, really awful. Of course the musicians involved are great, but the whole concept (or lack of it) the very poor songwriting and the mediocre arrangements blow it all. I can´t believe he was even allowed to deliver such piece of crap. I mean, what happened to HIM? Did he ever think he could bastardise Triumvirat´s name to get a few bucks and get away with it?

Not even an average pop album, it does not have a single track that can save the CD from being a total failure. Fortunatly this would be the last nail to the coffin. It´s the only good thing I can say about Russian Roulette: it was the last. An end that gave the fans a relieving feeling instead of one of sorrow.

NOT worth even for completionists. Zero stars. To avoid at all costs.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#187086) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 27, 2008

1 stars I will always give releases multiple listening before passing judgment on whether I like a disc or not. I tried with this one...it's not the Triumvirat that we have come to love. Gone are all progressive elements of anything they have done previously. It sounds like Randy Newman meets the Bay ... (read more)

Report this review (#1285901) | Posted by OldSchoolProg | Monday, September 29, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Triumvirat were playing Russian Roulette with their fans. Like an idiot I went out and paid my hard earned money for this thing that crawled out of a sewer. Even ABBA fans would run away from this disaster with their tails curled. I'm just wondering if there's anybody else on the planet who bo ... (read more)

Report this review (#1015868) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Saturday, August 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars From the start, Russian Roulette is nothing like the classic Triumvirat music period that fans knew and loved, and many felt it was a let down because of that. My appreciation and understanding of this record has grown over what was a pretty long span of time. ... (read more)

Report this review (#626160) | Posted by presdoug | Saturday, February 04, 2012 | Review Permanlink

1 stars 10 000 polar bears would never venture into a record shop to buy this album. Therefore; 10 000 polar bears cannot be wrong. Triumvirat really morphed into a joke on this album. Gone is the ELP copycat and in comes a band who really only plays commercial rock with some Supertramp influences. Th ... (read more)

Report this review (#624690) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Wednesday, February 01, 2012 | Review Permanlink

1 stars This has got to be one of the worst albums by a good prog band going commercial. When listening you don't even have a hint that this is Triumvirat. They should have just changed their name. "A La Carte" is even brilliant compared to this. 0 stars, not even for completionists. ... (read more)

Report this review (#56685) | Posted by cmidkiff | Thursday, November 17, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I would give this album zero stars if it was possible. "Russian Roulette" is very poor in all senses: an awful cover, mediocre songs and an overall weak performance by all musicians (some of them are great instrumentists, but you'll never say it when you listen to this album). Arno Steffen is ... (read more)

Report this review (#40367) | Posted by M. B. Zapelini | Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I swear I thought that I got the wrong CD. That sound could not come from Triumvirat. Well, for someone who once sang "I sold my soul to rock and roll I never got it back", it seems he finally got it... I understand Jürgen Fritz had the right of changing his style as many time as he felt this 20 ye ... (read more)

Report this review (#11882) | Posted by | Wednesday, March 31, 2004 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I tried to understand why a musician like Jurgen Fritz (leader of a very good progressive rock band, that triumvirat really was!) comit artistic suicide!! This album is a joke! and nobody deserves it (a truly bad one!). Simply horrible in it´s entire concept (cover, production, composition, musical ... (read more)

Report this review (#11881) | Posted by fredfontes | Monday, March 01, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TRIUMVIRAT "Russian Roulette"