Camel - The Snow Goose CD (album) cover

2 stars Meh. Representative of Symphonic Prog? You have to be kidding me! This album may be consistent, but it's consistently a snoozefest last time I checked!

This album drags. And drags. And drags. The lack of vocals, even though in Camel's case may be good, really make the album uninteresting. The instrumentation is about average, nothing too special, nothing interesting. I never pull this album out, and for good reason. When I have listened to this, I hardly remember anything from it besides possibly Rhayader, which is the best song on here, primarily for decent flute from Latimer.

This album is definitely for collectors or fans only. I was really disappointed. I mean, it's better than most mainstream crap out there, but it's really samey and bland for me.

MovingPictures07 | 2/5 |