Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear CD (album) cover

3 stars Good album, but I think it wouldn't compete with the '70 progressive peak albums. It's really a nice album and the instrumentation and vocals are very good, but this isn't the sound I like most. This record has it's highlights and moments. However the record is sometimes a bit repetitive and has a lot of the same tricks. This doesn't make this an album I would listen daily. Still their is some nice instrumentation and vocals, although the sound is a bit more 'insistent' compared to the '60 and '70 albums. Nice listen, but i would call the album neither essential nor excellent prog. Recommended to the fans and the curious.
Foolsdrummer | 3/5 |