Queensrˇche - Promised Land CD (album) cover

3 stars Queensryche - 'Promised Land' 3.5 stars

This album is, by far, the darkest and most cynical album that Queensryche ever released. This was a fine move in my opinion, the old Queensryche was now a thing of the past, and 'Empire' just wasn't the right move in my opinion. The band now goes back to an album-oriented approach rather than an individual song by song effort. The mood of this album is definitely dark and melancholic.

I can't really rate any songs above the rest, because this album just has a real nice flow to it. I will admit though, the second half of the CD is really patchy in some areas. I was a real big sucker for some of the dark piano ballads here, and not so much for some of the acoustic songs. I still find this to be in the upper tier of Queensryche albums, and they never reached up to the status of this album ever again.

ProgBagel | 3/5 |