Queensr˙che - Q2K CD (album) cover

Q2K

Queensr˙che

ProgBagel
2 stars Queensryche - 'Q2K' 2 stars

I'll try to make this review even shorter than the one for 'Hear in the Now Frontier', because this one is even worse. The departure of founding and influential guitarist, Chris DeGarmo, is the worst blow this band could take, because Geoff Tate has completely lost his identifiable vocals. In his place comes a guitarist with a background of imitating 70's and 80's classic and hard rock. It just led into an incredible mess of an album which this is. Not a single song can even hold a torch to any of the decent to awesome Queensryche albums. I can't think of a moment were Queensryche was lower than anything put on the album, one of the worst works of progressive metal right here.

Normally, this should really be a one-star. I really only give that rating to something that is worth throwing at the wall and breaking into pieces. However, I would choose not to break this CD, just store it somewhere and never listen to it again.

ProgBagel | 2/5 |