Edensong - The Fruit Fallen CD (album) cover

THE FRUIT FALLEN

Edensong

Grobsch
2 stars Edensong first album is till now the biggest disappointment for me this year. Play Edensong remembered me other major disappointments when I tried to listen to Porcupine Tree or other of these neopopannoyingprog bands in the past, but this is just my fault, after all why I am still reading comments about progressive these days. Most people forgot what was progressive in the past. Just add a flute behind the vocalist - which cannot stop to sing a second - please stop to sing!!- and a pop drums will not make the band deserves the progressive label.

Some good riffs, some heavy seconds and really few good moments cannot make a good record. I give a single star because during these days is really difficul try to be different, innovate and have talent, and another star to the courage to add a twenty minutes song.

Water Run (1) remembers me the most annoying songs of Rush. Really a Neo Pop Annoying Prog with Rush resemblances and other instruments like flute. The second song is called The Baptism and its as annoying as the first one. Reflection (3), too. I read - I do not know where - about how Edensong looks like Jethro Tull... ??? When I reached the fourth song, The Prayer, even though is less annoying but still far from being a good song, I was almost giving up. I started to think I got the wrong album. Perhaps it was a pratical joke somene did to me. Nocture (5) is not all bad, at least has few seconds without the vocals, but it is still a tim-tam-tum song. The Sith Day, the sixty song, the same, just the same. I miss Gentle Giant. The seventh is the smallest song and sounds like a pop balad, and the album finishes with a twenty minute song.

The Fruit Fallen deserver just 1,5 star.

Grobsch | 2/5 |