Strawbs - Hero And Heroine CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

4 stars When I listened this album by the first time, the first chords made me think I had discovered an essential masterpiece. The first track "Autumn", a fantastic mini-suite, deserves a place among the greatest symphonic prog gems, but the rest decays a little bit. There are beautiful moments beyond the mentioned track, i.e. the homonymous theme, but we can find some poppy cuts and the typical STRAWBS' AOR feeling, blending folk and rock elements. Nevertheless, IMHO, it's the best point to start with the STRAWBS discography and their closest approach to symphonic sounds.
Marcelo | 4/5 |