Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination - Edgar Allan Poe CD (album) cover

TALES OF MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION - EDGAR ALLAN POE

Alan Parsons Project

tmay102436
5 stars Well, this masterwork has been reviewed about a million times, so I won't go into any lengthy discussion.

In fact, I will say though, that if you don't have this beautiful, powerful, progressive album, GO GET IT! This is true classical/prog rock at it's best. One of the few albums where there's spoken word and you don't start feeling embarrassed about it half way into the speech. The first (I believe) use of vocoder, and what a perfect introduction to something that's also been over used since then.

The version that I have is a remaster, but not the one with the double CD, and the remix. I love what I hear on my copy. Crystal clear, powerful.

My only regret is that the follow up catalog of Mr. Parson's is, although successful and interesting, nowhere near as perfect.

BUT! Thank you Mr. Alan Parson's and Mr. Eric Woolfson. Even after over 30 years, this musical work stands the test of time - you listen to it over and over again.

tmay102436 | 5/5 |