Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover

THICK AS A BRICK

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Daniel1974nl
5 stars For long all I heard from Jethro were a few songs that were played by my friends in our radioshow....Locomotive Breath, Bouree etc...But I never developed the need or the desire to listen anything more. What I heard was always sounding to folky to me....and I decide to pass it....Friends went to Jethro concerts and came home absolutely raving about it and hailing it as brilliant..Still I passed it and invested my time otherwise.

Not untill recently I deciede to give it another go. The first one that I picked up was Thick As A Brick..and I must say that it indeed had all you can hope for from a Classical prog album. Enormous musicianship, energy, epics and great organ playing. Not to mention the flute of Ian. Its so bad that Thick in its entirelty is not played anymore.

Second stop will be Aqualung.

Daniel1974nl | 5/5 |