Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

horsewithteeth11
3 stars If someone asked me what the highest-selling prog album of all time in the United States was, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the one. Everyone I know who is into rock music of any kind has heard this album at least once. However, while I do find it a good album from time to time, I still find this to be one of the most overrated rock albums of all time. To me, nothing in this album really strikes me of masterpiece quality, except for Time and Us and Them. Money and Brain Damage/Eclipse are good songs, but I've heard them played so incessantly on the radio over the years that they've unfortunately lost any and all appeal that I would have for them.

I by no means think this album isn't a masterpiece simply because of its popularity however. It's just never struck me in the same way that other Pink Floyd albums have, such as Animals or Meddle. I'm keeping this review shorter than the ones I usually do because I don't want to go off on a tangent and make people think I actually dislike this album. I don't. This just isn't the first Floyd album I go to when I want to listen to them. 3 moon craters out of 5.

horsewithteeth11 | 3/5 |