Hawkwind - Anthology Vol 1 CD (album) cover

ANTHOLOGY VOL 1

Hawkwind

Psychedelic/Space Rock

akajazzman
5 stars I was lucky enough to find this compilation at a store years ago. Not sure how rare it is or not but its excellent. And was an excellent introduction to Hawkwind for me. I went on to buy several of their other albums because of this one. But I often go back to Anthology for a brief overview/refresher on all the reasons why people love Hawkwind so much. Each Hawkwind album sort of has its own feel, with often less than stellar playing, production and songwriting. The tunes here however give you a nice sample overview of some of their best songs and they all seem to be some of their better produced songs, so you get a pretty crystal clear Hawkwind for the most part.

I still prefer Mt. Grill as my favorite overall Hawkwind album, that captures them in one great sludgy space moment, but Anthology is the best example (I've heard) that demonstrates all the things that made them so great!

akajazzman | 5/5 |