Marillion - Recital Of The Script  CD (album) cover

5 stars So here I am once more...

When I heard those words, I got all excited, especially while watching a nice intro featuring the work cover by Wilkinson. I realised soon that the image is from another era, to say the least. It's filmed with the same grain that Opus used in their video 'Life is Life' (la la la la la), but I didn't care for long because the rest is awesome!

The sound has been obviously retouched to give the listener a real treat. And frankly, it convinced me that Marillion is a 'Legend' band, deeply resoonsable for lots of stuff we hear today. The band was young, but the spirits were high (and the minds too probably...). For such youngsters, they're showing a lot of maturity, and strangely, despite the lack of movement of the musicians, we are not bored.

Then again, Fish is a grand maestro of theatrical shennanigans, mimicking everything he sings and showing some appreicable cardio stamina along the concert. Fish is tall, Fish is strong, Fish sings super well, Fish shows character, Fish is the crying jester and Fish is holding the whole crowd in the palm of his hand. We all love Fish and the crowd loves him too. Fish is showing a lot of balls in Grendel by grabbing a kid by the collar and well, incorporating the poor fellow into his act! WOW!

I prefer this one over Live at Loreley: it's a sober show, but it's much more dynamic!

Historical performance and must be seen by any fan of the early years.

Menswear | 5/5 |