Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Symphonic Team
3 stars Good but heavily overrated

This is another fine album by Pink Floyd but I think it is heavily overrated. I also think that it is not truly a progressive rock album. It was with their next album, Animals, that Pink Floyd would create their first true Prog album. Wish You Were Here is just a very good Psychedelic Rock album. I say this because, though they experiment with different sounds, I think that they do not break away from conventional song structures. Sure, Shine On You Crazy Diamond is very long but it is basically a very long intro followed by a not too unconventional song. Good though it is. Have A Cigar, on the other hand, is a song I have never really been able to enjoy I'm afraid.

Overall, I think this is a good album that you should have in your collection. But it is hardly a masterpiece of progressive music.

SouthSideoftheSky | 3/5 |