Caravan - Classic Rock Legends (DVD) CD (album) cover

CLASSIC ROCK LEGENDS (DVD)

Caravan

Canterbury Scene

crimson87
3 stars You know , Caravan's DVDs are really hard to find in my country. And on top of that they are terribly expensive. So this DVD was kind of a let down to me as regards it's lasting appeal. The show is not even one hour long! Moreover , you don't get any bonus material , photo gallery or interview to make this release worth having. True , this problem is not only affecting Caravan's DVD's but also all the other ones under this Classic Rock Series that includes artists like Gong , Uriah Heep , Rick Wakeman , Hawkwind and more. As you may see , it's quite difficult to get live footage from this artists so this releases are probably the only chance you may get.

That being said , the image and sound of this DVD is more than acceptable. Also you get to see the classic lineup of the band in good shape since this is a late 80's / early 90's concert. The setlist just includes 5 songs but among those you can find some gems like Nine Feet Underground , For Richard and Winter Wine. Richard Sinclair's performance is awesome , he is one of my favourite singers of the 70's and 20 years later he still has that magical tone in his voice.

As I said before , my only complaint as regards this DVD is that it should have included some other songs that were played in that show. Just think of that when buying a DVD from Classic Rock series: Really good material , not much lasting appeal.

crimson87 | 3/5 |