Circa - Circa: HQ CD (album) cover

CIRCA: HQ

Circa

poslednijat_colobar
1 stars Circa:HQ by Circa is my first big disappointment of 2009! Circa: is typical band I called side project of Yes. The first album by the band was really excitement and it is something like good Yes' music. With this album the situation is completely different.

If someone with quite big name is trying to release new music, it's good to be really music. This album lacks of music overall. The first component of the music is melody. In Circa:HQ there aren't any melody or ideas. There are only four persons, who are playing their specific (for somebody not) instruments. I know very well these guys can play very well, but it's not enough for a mark above the minimum, because it's necessary a musical thought or as we know it songwriting. You cannot find anything of that here.There aren't songs, there are only samples of technique and singing. There are some ideas in some moments of some songs. There are melody in the refrains of two or three songs, but that's all! Nothing above the minimum mark!

poslednijat_colobar | 1/5 |