CIRCA: HQ

Circa Circa: HQ album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy CIRCA Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. If It's Not Too Late (10:50)
2. Haun Solo (1:18)
3. False Start (5:08)
4. Chasing After Ghosts (7:05)
5. Set To Play (1:49)
6. Ever Changing World (4:18)
7. We Can Last (9:16)
8. Twist of Fate (5:17)
9. All Intertwined (7:29)
10. Remember Along the Way (12:36)

Search CIRCA Circa: HQ lyrics

Search CIRCA Circa: HQ tabs

- Billy Sherwood / bass & vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Jay Schellen / drums, percussion & vocals
- Jimmy Haun / electric & acoustic guitar, vocals

CD Independent release (2009)

Sold only through the band's web site.

Thanks to poslednijat_colobar for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CIRCA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CIRCA Circa: HQ Music

HQ by Circa [Music CD]HQ by Circa [Music CD]
Cleopatra Records
Hq - Circa USD $11.75 Buy It Now 3 days
HQ BY CIRCA (CD) USD $20.50 Buy It Now 9 days
CIRCA: (PROG ROCK) - HQ [CIRCA: (PROG ROCK)] - NEW CD USD $10.64 Buy It Now 10 days
Hq - Circa (2013, CD New) USD $14.12 Buy It Now 13 days
Circa - HQ - CLPCD0518 USD $17.49 Buy It Now 14 days
Circa - Hq [CD New] USD $14.38 Buy It Now 14 days
HQ by CIRCA: (Prog Rock) (CD, Jul-2013, Cleopatra) USD $13.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Circa - Hq (NEW CD) USD $19.21 Buy It Now 21 days
CIRCA:-HQ CD NEW USD $15.47 Buy It Now 25 days
CIRCA : HQ CD Prog Rock Yes Alumni Billy Sherwood & Tony Kaye USD $12.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Circa - Hq CD USD $17.69 Buy It Now 27 days
Hq - Circa New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $20.48 Buy It Now 27 days
~ CIRCA - HQ ~ MUSIC CD USD $7.49 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy CIRCA music online Buy CIRCA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CIRCA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CIRCA Circa: HQ ratings distribution

CIRCA Circa: HQ reviews

Review by poslednijat_colobar
1 stars Circa:HQ by Circa is my first big disappointment of 2009! Circa: is typical band I called side project of Yes. The first album by the band was really excitement and it is something like good Yes' music. With this album the situation is completely different.

If someone with quite big name is trying to release new music, it's good to be really music. This album lacks of music overall. The first component of the music is melody. In Circa:HQ there aren't any melody or ideas. There are only four persons, who are playing their specific (for somebody not) instruments. I know very well these guys can play very well, but it's not enough for a mark above the minimum, because it's necessary a musical thought or as we know it songwriting. You cannot find anything of that here.There aren't songs, there are only samples of technique and singing. There are some ideas in some moments of some songs. There are melody in the refrains of two or three songs, but that's all! Nothing above the minimum mark!

Send comments to poslednijat_colobar (BETA) | Report this review (#201746) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 05, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars They could last!

HQ was Circa's second studio album and the most recent to one date. In my opinion, this is a better album than the debut. Sound wise, there is not much difference but the focus has shifted slightly from catchy choruses to more instrumental workouts. As such, there is more substance in HQ compared to the debut. The line-up, however, changes slightly with Jay Schellen replacing Alan White on the drums. There is no doubt about the fact that Circa is a Yes-related band both in sound in personnel. The keyboardist is none other than Tony Kaye whose history with Yes goes back as far as to the 60's. Indeed, Kaye was one of the founding members of Yes and played on their three first studio albums before being replaced by Rick Wakeman. In the early 80's Kaye re-joined Yes and recorded a further four studio albums with them including the Union album that brought back as many as eight previous Yes members to write and record as a single unit (on paper at least). The rest of the four-piece that is Circa consist of Billy Sherwood and Jimmy Haun who both participated in the creation of the controversial Union album in 1991. Sherwood even co-wrote (and co-produced) one of the songs for that album with Chris Squire (The More We Live) and on the tour in support of Yes next album, Talk, Sherwood was hired as an extra guitarist in addition to Trevor Rabin before he became a fulltime Yes member for Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. After that he has worked with Chris Squire in Conspiracy. New guy Jay Schellen has played with Sherwood before in World Trade and he has also played with Asia recently, another Yes-related band. So it is fair to say that Circa is connected to Yes in several ways.

It should then not come as a surprise to anyone that Circa sounds a bit like Yes. Billy Sherwood can even be said to be something of a Chris Squire sound-alike both vocally and on the bass guitar and Jimmy Haun's guitar playing is heavily influenced by that of Steve Howe. Billy is clearly the artistic leader of Circa and this album too is, like the debut, most similar those Yes albums on which Billy played the biggest part i.e. Open Your Eyes and The Ladder. Circa also reminds heavily of the two Conspiracy albums that Billy made with Chris Squire. Again like with the debut, influences from both 70's and 80's Yes can be found with about equal emphasis on both. The sound they produce is great, and overall the album is enjoyable even if it offers few surprises.

With a running time of over an hour, I feel that this album is maybe a bit too long for its own good. However, there are no weak songs as such so it is indeed hard to know what exactly they could (or should?) have left out. I feel that there is a bit more energy in this album compared to the debut and I enjoy listening to this one a bit more. The debut grew stale after only a few listens, but HQ remains pleasant, and becomes more so, over more listens. The tunes are a bit more challenging and takes more time to decipher. It is less Crossover and more Prog, if you know what I mean.

As I said in my review of Circa's debut, there is a lot of great music for the Yes fan to discover in the Yes family tree and Circa is not the Yes-related band I would put priority on. Having that said, again, I'm certain that any hard core fan of all eras of Yes will enjoy Circa and this is their best album.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#302415) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 06, 2010

4 stars Let me begin by contradicting the previous review. This Circa album is far, far better than the first one, in fact it is an exceptional album. Now, I am one of those that can not hear anything Asia or related and the first Circa album did not even made it to my CD player. It was after I was fo ... (read more)

Report this review (#253192) | Posted by Sonicexplorer | Friday, November 27, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars 2 years later after first cd,That was 4.5 star essential piece of prog. We have Hq Alan White is gone,Music on this disc has its ups and downs. Top Tracks- 1-If its not to late-It is not to late,To change your Perceptions on life. Never to late for change,Only late if you choose not to want to c ... (read more)

Report this review (#201601) | Posted by Jegheist2009 | Wednesday, February 04, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CIRCA "Circa: HQ"