Pink Floyd - The Wall CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4.05 | 2027 ratings

horsewithteeth11
3 stars "Just another brick in the wall"...this album that is.

Like Dark Side, I have utterly failed to see what other people see in this album. The only difference is that unlike Dark Side, this album actually gets on my nerves. Honestly, if I have to hear Another Brick in the Wall or Comfortably Numb on the radio one more time, it might convince me to take a physical brick, not a metaphorical one, and smash it repeatedly against my head until I see brains coming out. If it wasn't for the fact that I've been forced to listen to those songs so many times, then I might actually enjoy them, two of the few gems, or more like really good-looking fake diamonds, that I've ever found on here.

Some people may think I'm crazy to give this album such a low rating of 3 stars, but I think it fits very well. Not because I think this album is awful (and it's not, I just can't listen to it much anymore because my interest in it has dropped rapidly), but because I think bigger fans of the band would enjoy it much more than I could. And instead of me going on a long tirade of how this album has wasted much of my life when I could listen to better Pink Floyd albums, I'll simply end this here with a recommendation of 3 stars. While The Final Cut was tolling death bells for this band, The Wall was the beginning of the weakness in the structure. For me anyway. A few decent songs, but not much more.

horsewithteeth11 | 3/5 |