Genesis - From Genesis to Revelation CD (album) cover

FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION

Genesis

claugroi
3 stars This is not a bad album, but as I said on Yes' debut album review, just a few bands had a great debut album, and this is not one of them... We can see some good songs:

The Bonus Tracks - 4,5 stars for all these songs together, as an average rating. *That's Me: good song, but nothing special (the guitar solo is horrible). *One Eyed Hound: good song, it has rhythm. *A Winter's Tale: one of my favourite Genesis' songs of this period, I think it should be on the record release.

The Serpent: I don't know who played percussion in it, but it's Horrible. The song as a whole is not very good also. A Winter's Tale should be in the place of it. 3,15 stars.

In Limbo: I don't understand it, but is good. 3,25 stars.

A Place to Call My Own: the first phrase is good, sung well. The rest is a little bit boring, except for the ending. 3,5 stars.

In Hiding: I don't like it very much, though it's a good song. 3,5 stars.

Where the Sour Turns to Sweet: the intro is good, Peter makes us an invitation (hahaha). Good song, a good intro to the album. 3,6 stars.

Fireside Song: good song, it has good orchestration. 3,6 stars.

Am I Very Wrong ?: a cool instrument is played in it, it looks like a harpsichord, but I don't think it is. The song is good, but nothing special. 3,6 stars.

One Day: very melodic song, I like it, though it's very simple. 3,6 stars.

The Silent Sun: very good melody, I love it. Good orchestration also. 3,8 stars.

In The Beginning: good rhythm, good melody, I like it very much. 3,8 stars.

The Conqueror: it has rhythm and good riffs. I like it very much. 3,85 stars.

Window: one of my favourite of this period, along with A Winter's Tale. The intro is so melancholic. The orchestration is good, the lyrics also. Its melody gives me chills. The best in the album. 4 stars.

In The Wilderness: great melody, it is contagious. We see a very good orchestration here, fitting very well the vocals. This should be the final song of the album. 4 stars.

The songs in this album are a little bit simple, different from Yes' debut album, and that's a bad point. Of course it can't be considered a masterpiece of progressive music, but it is a good album, it opened some doors to Genesis.

claugroi | 3/5 |