Supertramp - Crime Of The Century CD (album) cover

CRIME OF THE CENTURY

Supertramp

horamas
5 stars Greeeat Album, very accessible, definitely the best of supertramp.

This was one of the first albums from prog that I got really into. The first thing that caught my attention was the scream that opens up the second part of School; and followed the piano from the last part. This was my opening song to the bands unique way of composing; which I loved.

The album is very original; it captures the very essence of the band, and it's beautifully designed but the most important thing is that it has friendly sounds all the way. It's also written with lots of passion and harmony and contains excellent passage changes. I know it has pop and repetitive parts like Bloody Well Right and Dreamer but Bloody. has an excellent start and Dreamer, well, made it to the top charts. All other songs are excellent and each one of them has its own weight.

Crime of the Century contains the genius of the progressive genre with the accessibility of pop.

horamas | 5/5 |