Genesis - Trespass CD (album) cover

TRESPASS

Genesis

claugroi
4 stars The first really progressive Genesis' album, we clearly see that Genesis improved their sound here. I don't like very much, because I think that the songs are 'empty', though it's a good album:

White Mountain: the first song I heard from this album, and I liked it. But now I see this album has better songs, but it stills a good song. 3,8 stars.

Dusk: the gentlest song of this album. It has a really calm and comfortable melody. A good Prog Folk song 4 stars.

Visions of Angels: we hear a nice rhythm here, with good passages of piano and organ. But it isn't the Genesis I know, I feel like they could have done something better... 4,15 stars.

Looking For Someone: now we hear a really Genesis' song, it has good rhythm, harmony and lyrics. Great interpretation from all the musicians. 4,45 stars.

The Knife: a classic Genesis' song, played in almost every show. It has a contagious rhythm and cool riffs on organ, bass and guitar. The drums are fast and rhythmic. This song distunes a little bit from the album's style, as it is a hard song, but anyway... it's a good song. 4,55 stars.

Stagnation: the intro is a little boring, but then the song becomes more rhythmic and melodic. The part starting at 5:06 is very beautiful and touching, and Peter Gabriel reminds very much Peter Hammill singing. The following part is also very cool. 4,6 stars.

Although the first album was good, this one is a great advance, mainly into the Progressive World. So, a good album to a Prog Rock fan. 4 stars.

claugroi | 4/5 |