Camel - Camel CD (album) cover

CAMEL

Camel

JackDaniel
4 stars My second review.

Song-by-song:

Slow yourself down (4+) Good drums and a great organ... Nice mellow singing and a really good song overall. The change after 2 minutes are really great with a rock'n roll-guitar combating with the organ. Mmmm...

Mystic Queen (5+) Great intro with a nice bass tune and some really good singing - again mellow. And again, really great drums and organs. Overall there's magical playing on the instruments. Maybe the albums best song.

Six ate (4+) A catchy but cool rythm and great tune from the guitar. The song can easily be boring but don't get that way - mostly because of great members in this band. Really good chord changes and parts.

Separation (2+) The weak spot of the album. Not really bad but it don't blow me away - too hesitating and don't even especially great playing from the band.

Never let Go (5+) A wonderful song with mellow singing and a great rythm guitar and serveral parts. The flute is marvellous.

Curiosity (4+) Beautiful intro with a great bassline. The song overall is very good with moody singing.

Arubaluba (2+) In my opinion the albums only uniteresting song. Good instrumentals, sure, but it don't grip me really - maybe beacause I don't like the organ.

JackDaniel | 4/5 |