Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Alitare
5 stars All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be...

Pink Floyd's most popular album overall. This album is greater than the sum of its parts. I don't know what to say that hasn't been said over and over, here and in other reviews. I will say I feel it is essential. The songs don't stand up so well by themselves (especially on the run, or Any Colour you like). But Time, Great Gig in the Sky, Us and Them, and Brain Damage/Eclipse are all classics of prog. The entire album has an astounding and evocative atmosphere that must be heard from beginning to end in its entirety. Again, the songs themselves aren't that progressive, but together form a cohesive and entrancing world all its on.

Dark Side of the moon is not just an essential progressive album, it is an essential album to almost all musical interest. Not my favorite Floyd album, but still magnificent.

Alitare | 5/5 |