Klaus Schulze - Blackdance CD (album) cover

BLACKDANCE

Klaus Schulze

Progressive Electronic

Dobermensch
3 stars This is the first Klaus Schulze album I ever heard. I bought it for 2 from a 2nd hand shop in 1990 solely on the gatefold cover (and the fact that I was a big Tangerine Dream fan).

Unfortunately for me at that time - 'Cyborg' and 'Timewind' were much better, leaving 'Black Dance' as an interstitial anomaly. "Black Dance" is an amalgamation of electronics and live percussion and is a definite progression from his previous album, but not necessarily a good one.

At some points on the 1st track it''s almost like there's too many ideas trying to break through the rigidity of the confines of analogue synths. It's still pretty good - and very bleak.

Dobermensch | 3/5 |