Tangerine Dream - Atem CD (album) cover

ATEM

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

Dobermensch
5 stars My favourite Tangerine Dream album ever. Just slightly better than Rubycon and much bleaker. I remember being sick in bed in 1987, looking out my bedroom window watching large flakes of snow fall while playing this. Ahh!, weird memories. This is the one that BBC DJ John Peel lauded to the skies, which is surprising because I hated most of the stuff he played.

Imagine 'Zeit' but a bit more lively. That's 'Atem'. Simple as that. Easily the best of their first 4 'noisy' less tuneful albums. Sounds great in 2009 and well worth 5 stars even though the whole thing sounds like someone's creeping up behind you ready to give you a great big fright!

Dobermensch | 5/5 |