Pink Floyd - The Final Cut CD (album) cover

THE FINAL CUT

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Alitare
4 stars I never had the courage to make the final cut...

Let me start off by saying I love this album. And that it is a flawed album. It is Pink Floyd's most bleak and harrowing album, and it can be a bit much for some people to stomach. Of course it is pretty much a Waters solo album, and I am ok with that. It is not very progressive musically, and the concept seems stuck in a Wall part two, mode.

the music seems to follow a soft-then-loud approach, and can be emotionally stirring. They also tend to blend together, aside form a few stand outs, and boy do they stand out.

To me, the title track, and Two suns in the sunset, are some of the best songs Pink Floyd ever recorded. The rest is first to second rate acoustic music with varying levels of intensity. It is worth listening to, but not if you like happy music. 4 stars.

Alitare | 4/5 |