Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card CD (album) cover

THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD

Alan Parsons Project

Alitare
4 stars The game never ends when your whole life depends on the Turn of a friendly card...

The Alan Parsons Project's logical continuation of I Robot (ignoring the solid but somewhat unimpressive Pyramid and Eve). The songs are catchy, and progressive. The suite at the end is most certainly a stand out.

The theme here is gambling, and it is executed well enough. The lyrics are at times imaginative, and at other times straight-forward. The music is supple and calm, with bursts of funk rock here and there. Engineering qualities are amgnificent, and the compositions are a bit more complex (although not by much) than I Robot. I feel the album tends to drag a bit before getting to the suite, but is in all, a strong effort. Not as altogether cohesive and powerful as I Robot, but a solid release from the Project.

I have no problem giving this album a 4 star rating. A weak 4 star rating, but one all the same.

Alitare | 4/5 |