Metallica - St. Anger CD (album) cover

ST. ANGER

Metallica

Alitare
1 stars Madly in anger with you...

Do I really need to say more after that? Just those lyrics,a lone, make me cringe in fear. I won't make it any secret that I am not the biggest Metallica fan, but even I can admit they had some good material early on. This is just a musical perversion. The heavy metal love beach?

The songs are painfully simple, and the production sounds worse than a Merle Haggart demo tape. With boring riffs, and lyrics that are deplorable. The title track being what I suppose is a highlight. It is a microcosm of the whole mess. Garage rock played without any melodic or in depth sensibilities.

The lyrics, which are important to me, are an abject failure, here. I can't say enough about this. Not even as bad as some normal metal cliches. I suppose some might find something redeeming about this album, if they are into the horribly produced and melody-deprived music of the day, but I can't find a reason to give more than 1 star.

Alitare | 1/5 |