Irepress - Sol Eye Sea I CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

5 stars I'm not sure that the previous reviewer even listened to the full album. There's a LOT going on here, and I don't think, taken as a whole, this sounds like anything I've encountered (and I've heard my share of experimental/post-metal records). First off, comparisons to dominant post-metal bands in a similar vein (Isis, Pelican) can't fully describe what's going on here. These are unique compositions, with some very delicate arrangements.

This is, primarily, an instrumental effort. There is a definite loud/soft dynamic woven throughout the record. It's got odd bursts of group-chorus vocals that last mere seconds (not long enough to be cheezy). The number of instruments employed is vast, and they've mastered the subtle use of synthesizers to tremendous effect.

Steal this record and give it a listen if you don't believe me.

InfinityParadox | 5/5 |