The Beatles - Beatles For Sale CD (album) cover

BEATLES FOR SALE

The Beatles

Proto-Prog

Alitare
1 stars You got me cryin'...

This album I see as one of the absolute low points in the career of the fab four. Filled with sparse pop number after sparse pop number. The lyrics? abysmal. The compositions? plain and simple.

Some of the melodies downright offended me. they are very simple, very poorly executed and the solos (could those two note things be called solos?) are somewhat mind damaging.

Not to mention all the songs sound so much alike as to not even matter that they are separate songs. It feels like one half hour long pop songs, produced with low skill, and without actual care. I don't make it hidden that I am not a Beatles fan, but this release actually offends me. It all follows a plain verse-chorus style, and has no progression, at all. This is a simple, sub-par pop album from people who can do better.

I give this saddening release one star. I want to give it two, because some of the songs are catchy, but I just can't.

Alitare | 1/5 |