Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

WISH YOU WERE HERE

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

TheLastBaron
4 stars I am a moderate fan of Pink Floyd. In my mind they are not the greatest band of all time, but are definetly a very talented band and very deserving of the acclaim they have recieved. With that being said I will now delve into my opinion of Wish you Were Here.

I personally enjoy this album quit a bit. Anytime I travel through Los Angeles at night I liston to this album, to me the mood and atmosphere of that album really blends with that area in the night hours.

Shine on you crazy diamond ( part one) has a great opening that really brings you into the music. The lyrics are great and the instrumentation is superb.

Welcome to the machine has a great erie feeling to it, every time I listen to it I feel is if I am in some future distopia where everything is mechnical. I would point to this song as the first real "industrial" music piece.

Have a cigar has a great bass line and catchy lyrics.

Wish you were here is great tune and has some strong lyrics. I've always loved the line, " Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghost?".

Shine on you crazy diamond ( part two) is a great way to close a pretty good album.

Overall Pros: Great lyrics, great technical strength on the instrumentation, nice time signature changes, a very unique atmosphere.

Overall Cons: My only real complaint is this album is to short, only five songs? Even though both parts of shine on are long and great, I still wish this album was a little longer.

TheLastBaron | 4/5 |