Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason CD (album) cover

A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Dobermensch
1 stars This is one hell of a dreadful record. By far and away the worst studio album ever released by Pink Floyd. The annoying thing is that I was really looking forward to hearing this as a 17 year old when it was released in the summer of 1987.

Awful lyrics combined with painfully ordinary tunes make this an ordeal to listen to. It's like waiting for a funeral to begin.

A far more appropriate title would have been 'A Momentary Collapse of Reason'. This record clearly shows the damage caused by Roger Waters departure. It just plods along in a nondescript way from beginning to end.

It's all very middle of the road and by the time we get to 'Dogs of War' I can feel my mouth filling up with sick at the sheer blandness of the tunes. Even the gatefold sleeve annoyed me with it's ridiculous pretentiousness. It's also dated really poorly compared with their 70's outings. This has 80's stamped all over it - overly produced where everything sounds squeaky clean. The only part I can listen to is the intro to 'Signs of Life' which has a nice clear recording of some bloke rowing in a boat. That's about it I'm afraid. Ugly.

Dobermensch | 1/5 |