Sigur Rós - Takk... CD (album) cover

Sigur Rós

Post Rock/Math rock

AtomicCrimsonRush
Symphonic Team
3 stars It is difficult to review this album as it is Sigur Ros.

I believe strongly they are an acquired taste but once you taste you may fall completely for them. Each track meanders patiently along almost fully instrumental and very soulful Hopelandic lyrics drift in and out almost sending you to sleep. In fact I play this often at night as I drift into rapid eye movement and when I awake I feel refreshed knowing that Sigur Ros has comforted my ears.

The songs are impossible to pronounce and I cannot remember a single one off hand to rave about but they all kind of blend together seamlessly as one orchestrated piece. This is very quiet music with a hint of peace tainted by dark overtones.

Takk was not my preferred CD to obtain from the band but it was the cheapest and most accessible at the time of searching in the CD stores so I tried it out as I had heard so much about this enigmatic band.

I cannot say I was completely overwhelmed by their style but it makes a nice change after a day of thrashing Devin Townsend or Rush.

I can only recommend this CD if you want a very tranquil CD sound that calms the nerves and helps you to unwind. I have no idea what the CD is about but there is an ambience that is unmistakeable and pure Sigur Ros.

Try it and see. You can only be surprised at their originality and it is admirable that they consistently bring such an eclectic sound to the prog table.

AtomicCrimsonRush | 3/5 |